- Papa and Anita came to visit! Papa built Knox an awesome bookshelf for his bedroom, and he fixed our dishwasher - PRAISE THE LORD! Knox loved Anita - I think he picked up on the "grandma vibe" instantly!
- Nana and Ed came to visit the next week, and we had an awesome time! Handy Ed installed a garbage disposal for us (amazing how much we rely on that thing!) and fixed our chandelier, just to name a few of the many projects he completed while here. Nana and Knox bonded even more, and his affinity for her grew even more!
- Knox and I have made a few quick trips up to Nashville for random things like working on wedding plans, visiting with Aunt Jennifer, and throwing Kim and Audrey a baby shower.
- Kurt has been all over the place for track season - Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Knoxville, Baton Rouge, and Oxford. Knox and I got to go to Knoxville, too!! Coach KT and his girls left early this morning for Orlando for their Outdoor Conference-USA meet. Good luck! Go Blazers!!
- Kurt and I actually went out one night, hired a babysitter, and got to celebrate Jordan's birthday with other friends and couples! I know this may not seem like something blog-worthy, but let me tell you...IT IS! We haven't done anything since Knox was born, so it was such a blessing to us to spend time with other couples and have a fun night. Plus, we got to celebrate Jordan's sweet life, and for that, I am extremely grateful!
- I FINALLY finished another semester of grad school last week, and I made two B's. Eh, not horrible; but for those of you who know me well know that I do NOT like to make B's. My 4.0 GPA is no more; but I still have a 3.46 which is somewhat respectable. And trust me when I tell you that I have been struggling for months with how to balance everything - how can I be a good mom and a good student at the same time? It's impossible.
- My LIFE group (a small group at church) just wrapped up last week as well, and we finished the semester off with an awesome trip to Jordan's parent's lake house and an amazing, life-changing retreat. Seriously - LIFE CHANGING. 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come!" Praise God that he can wipe away all my sins and love me, desire me, and pursue me!
- And this morning, Knox and I are heading up to Nashville in order to fly out to Washington, D.C. for Aunt Jennifer's medical school graduation! Can you believe she is an official M.D? Dr. Smith! Crazy!! I am so incredibly proud of her.
Since I still have about 250 pictures to download from the past month, I will throw a quick few up here from our visits with grandparents, our travels, and of course, of Knox. I will update more when we return from our latest trip!!
I know I'm biased, but I just think he is the most handsome little creature on earth. I'm so thankful he looks just like his handsome daddy!