Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Crystal's Wedding & Brentwood Girls Baby Shower

This past weekend, Kurt and I made a quick trip up to Nashville. Originally, my plan was to fly into town and drive back to Birmingham with a moving truck full of some of my mom's beautiful dining room furniture that she's donating to our new house. Long story short, our closing date was postponed (we thought the deal was going to fall through - be expecting a post later this week with more details and *hopefully* good news!). So rather than driving up by myself, Kurt graciously agreed to drive with me. This late in the pregnancy, we adopted a "better-to-be-safe-than-sorry" attitude just in case! How horrible if something happened while I was driving by myself?! Not cool to even think about. So, we got to spend some good quality time with Mimz, go to Crystal and Larry's beautiful wedding, and be the guest of honor at another fantastic baby shower. (Have I mentioned how amazingly blessed I am to have such beautiful and giving friends?!)


Here are a few photos from the weekend...enjoy!


I stole this one from Hillary cause it made me laugh - Kurt and me having fun at Crystal and Larry's reception.


With the beautiful bride, Crystal, and the gorgeous bridesmaid, Kim.



My wedding date. Hey hottie!! :)




Three of my very best friends in the world - Samantha, Hillary and Jenn - outside of the wedding reception at the War Memorial in downtown Nashville.




The amazing Hillary flew all the way into town from Florida for my baby shower she helped host!




BEWARE: *Plug* Homestyle Bakery bakes some ADORABLE and tasty cakes! Thanks Allison!!!



Opening the beautiful bib from Hosea. Thanks, Hosea!! (Sheesh, I look like a big blob!)




Allison and Mrs. Massengill holding her granddaughter, Callie - one of Burrito's future girlfriends.




The one and only beautiful, funny, and adorable Evelyn Grace Elkins. She's Burrito's future wife, my future daughter-in-law! (Don't you love my planning?!)



The hostess with the mostess, Mrs. Allison Meadows, cutting the yummy-in-my-tummy cake.




Laney! She is Samantha's niece. Absolutely precious! I loved that so many kiddos were there - took the spotlight off me...whew!




Lindsey, Hosea and MET - oops, I mean MEV (the new Mrs. Vitucci!). Love you girls - made my day that y'all were there!




Thank you to Amy, Allison, Anna Clare, Caitlin, Hillary, Jenn, Jordan, Kim and Samantha for hosting a beautiful and fun shower. I love you girls. Thank you for years of friendship and blessings. Looking forward to SO many more!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were in town this weekend and that we got to hang out! And don't worry, I plan to make a baby girl for Burrito one day too! He'll have lots of options. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burriot is sounding a little slutty with all his girlfriends and wives...he can be friends with my future daughters!! ;)I had fun seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete