Saturday, December 5, 2009

Time Flies!

Is it really possible that I have a son...who is already two months old?! It feels like just last month that I found out I was expecting; that it was just last week that we were counting down the weeks and days until "Burrito's" arrival; and that it was just yesterday when we welcomed his beautiful face into our world. And now, here I am, two months later, astounded at how much has changed - our whole world has been flipped upside down and turned inside out, and I never, ever want it to go back to the way it used to be. Having Knox in our lives is BY FAR the BEST thing to ever happen to us. To say that he brings unspeakable joy to our lives is just a flat out understatement. He has done so much for us already - he has taught us how to love each other despite little to no sleep and frayed nerves; he has brought meaning to an otherwise mundane life; and he has helped to heal relationships that were seemingly irreparable (we jokingly call Knox "our little redeemer"). PRAISE GOD from whom ALL blessings flow!

I'm not even quite sure where to start with pictures and updates since it has been SO long since my last post. So much has happened! We've had countless visitors; we've been to Nashville twice; we celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family of four (yes, four - you cannot forget that Rosie is really our first child!); and we've hosted a rather large Christmas party for the UAB Track & Field team. I think the best thing to do is just throw up some pictures, provide you with some commentary, and let you enjoy them. I'll be better about updating the blog more regularly so that one post will not be as overwhelming!

Oh, and Knox had his two month check-up and shots/vaccinations yesterday morning. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I do not like shots! The sweet little old nurse held down his legs, while Kurt held Knox's hands, while I held the paci in his mouth - then BAM! She stuck him not once, not twice, but FIVE times in his two little thighs. It was the first time I had heard Knox scream out in pain - and it was the first time in my whole life that I have experienced pain like that, too. I don't think I even knew the depth of my love for him until yesterday when I had to witness that. His pain truly was my own pain. It broke my heart to pieces. Now I'm closer to understanding God's pain when He witnessed His Son's pain on the cross. It brought me to my knees just thinking about that sacrifice He made...all to bring ME (and you!) to Him. I'm speechless...but beyond grateful.

Knox did recover quickly from the shots - he was such a trooper! He was a little lethargic during the day yesterday; but other than that, he was totally fine. He's a tough guy! He now weighs 11 lbs, 13 oz and is 22 inches long. His chubby cheeks are the darn cutest thing I have ever seen. I love that he is finally turning into my little chunky monkey! Also, Dr. Gleason put him on his tummy to test his neck and back strength, and he said he was as strong as a 3 1/2 month old! We knew he was strong!!

So, without further ado, here is a photo recap with Knox telling you from his perspective what's been going on the past few weeks. Enjoy, and have a FABULOUS weekend!



I've started sitting in Bumbo! It's kinda hard to hold my head up sometimes, but I'm always up for a challenge.


I got to meet my great-grandmother for the very first time. I love Nanni!


How I love my naps? Check out my new buddy that I like to cuddle with.


I was the special guest at a party my Pop-Pop and his wife, Kristin, threw after Thanksgiving. I kinda slept through most of it, but I did have a lot of fun seeing everyone. Plus, look how much my mommy and daddy love me!


I ate my very first Turkey! Well not really, but I heard it was really good.


Every night, my daddy reads me two books after my bath and before I go to bed. It is my favorite time of the day because I get to spend it with my dad.


Ooooo, I LOVE my baths! And my ducky towel!


I started smiling, laughing, and cooing, too. I have conversations all day long, and my dad makes the funniest faces!


Here's the proof that I can hold the bottle up ALL BY MYSELF. I'm just that hungry all the time, so I get kinda pissy when they take the bottle out of my mouth. Instead, I just hold it myself.


Isn't Aunt Mandy Rue soooo pretty?! Her sweet sister, Casey, sent me that cool outfit!


I went to church for the first time. I LOVE the loud music that mommy and daddy praise Jesus with!


My godfather and great-Uncle David and I have gotten to see each other three times the past few weeks. I love getting to lay on his chest and take naps!


Rosie is still figuring me out, but we're going to be best friends in no time. She barks really loud, but it doesn't bother me. It makes me giggle when she licks my toes, though!


I wish Aunt Jenn and Uncle Kyle lived closer! I guess that just means mommy and I will have to take many trips to San Diego soon...bummer ;)


BOO! Mrs. Gatlin (Cynthie) gave me this scary outfit that I wore for Halloween!


I got to meet Uncle Pud, too! He sounds SO much like my daddy that I was often confused about who was talking. I loved listening to him talk - he is going to teach me how to be cool when I grow up.


Playing with Uncle Pud was so fun!


Go ahead and say it...I'm a ladies' man already! My dad has the coolest job EVER! Go Blazers!!

And I had a small professional photo shoot again. Sadie's (Rosie's friend from the dog park) mommy, Ann Wade, brought her camera over one day and captured some pics of me just chillin' with my Santa hat on. Merry Christmas!






With love,
Knox and my parents (K-to-the-T and Jill-asauras)

3 comments:

  1. Jill, I love this post! The paragraph about Knox getting his shots totally made me cry... not sure if it's because I know we'll be going through the same thing in 3 weeks or what, but it was so sweet. You never would've imagined, right? :) Glad things are going so well for you all! You've got yourself a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be in delirious awe and joy at my adorable, precious Knox. Thank you so much for a truly heart-warming posting. My heart is brimming with love and misses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pics of knox in the santa hat. and i have realized that the "tank top" look is not a kurt thing, it is a Thomas thing. Let's stop that tradition with knox!
    sad i missed the meet and greet!

    ReplyDelete