Thursday, September 24, 2009

Convicted

Last night, I met up with Team Elkins to go to Wednesday night church. I didn't sleep at all on Tuesday night, so by yesterday afternoon, I was sluggish and didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch. But I was excited to see Jordan and Eric, and I knew that if I went, I would undoubtedly get something out of it. And I most certainly did.

After about 45 minutes of worship and praise (which my heart needed!), Pastor Chris started talking about Isaiah 40...particularly verses 27-31. Here's what they say:

Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God?"

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


Looking back on my past few posts on my blog and thinking about my conversations with people over the past few weeks, I have realized just how much I have complained - about not sleeping, about how swollen I am, about how fat I feel, about how miserably uncomfortable I've become. Complain, complain, complain...it's ALL I've done lately. But why? Why would I complain when God promises that if I HOPE in Him, He will renew my strength? He is the "everlasting God" - do you know what that means? That means He was here before me and He will be here long after I am gone and He has already walked this path before me. If I just put my hope in Him, I will not be weary or faint.

Church was packed - but that message was absolutely, undeniably, indisputably, unquestionably meant for me.

Today is a new day; I am putting my hope in the Lord. I will soar on wings like eagles!

4 comments:

  1. I nominated you as a Kreativ Blog. Check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog post and LOVED hanging out with you Wednesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jill, you amaze me. this was such a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete