Saturday, July 24, 2010

Procrastinating

I've been up since 6am on a Saturday trying to work on a final project for a class I'm taking this Summer. I'm bored and have no motivation. What to do? Oh, do a blog post!

I received this email today, and I loved it, so I thought I'd pass it along:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overcoming Fear

I am Afraid, I hear myself say. And in the saying, I practice the presence of Fear rather than rest in the safety of God. Jesus says His Spirit within me is one of power, love, and a sound mind. But He whispers while Fear is loud.

Fear screams for me to run.
But God beckons me, Come.

Fear pushes me to produce protection.
But God whispers I have already overcome.

And so I stand on rock and watch as the sand sinks swiftly down.
To be love-led rather than fear-driven is to stand on the rock underneath.

http://www.incourage.me/emily.html

Overcoming Worry

I knew I needed to change, but didn't know where to begin. How, Lord?

Quietly, He gathered me in His arms and spoke.
Don't be afraid. I can free you from worry.
Just as I brought light out of darkness, I will bring order out of your chaos.

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light." Genesis 1:2, 3.

I have rescued you. Never mind the circumstances. You were always safe.

Faith was no longer a goal for me to reach. It became the bridge I must cross daily to see God's goodness and live worry-free.

That night, I stepped out of denial and surrendered myself. "I am the Lord's servant...may it be to me as you have said" (Luke 1:26-40).

This prayer has become my anecdote to worry. During the day or late at night, I say to my worries, Let it be, if that is what God allows for me.

http://www.incourage.me/bonniegray.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe it's a female thing, but I know so many of us women who struggle with fear and worry. I know that my worrying nature can be crippling at times. I needed the reminder today that God has already overcome...what, then, should I worry over? (Perhaps I should be worrying about not finishing this project since I'm blogging instead?? )

:)

1 comment: