Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

What a blessed weekend I had?! Kurt had to recruit at the Alabama State High School Track Meet which just happened to be down in Gulf Shores, so we took the opportunity to spend the weekend there and celebrate the completion of another semester of school and my first Mother's Day. I laid on the beach for a couple hours by myself on Saturday and became overwhelmed with joy as I watched the many moms with their children play on the beach together. By next Mother's Day, I'll have a 7 month old to hold, love on, and take to the beach with me - isn't that crazy to think of?! I felt so humbled that God has blessed me with the incredible gift of being a mother - a gift that I do not deserve, but one that I am gratefully receiving.

I also reflected on the incredible sacrifices my mom (and all of the other moms in the world) have made in order to care for me and my sisters. She never bought anything for herself, never did anything for herself while we were growing up - it was all about us. And she did it all by herself, without the help of her own mother around to ask questions to. I pray that I NEVER take for granted the fact that I have my own mom here to rely on and seek for advice. She is the best mom in the world - the most selfless, giving person I know - and I can only hope to be half as good of a mom as her!

AND, my sweet mommy friends - what joys you are to me as well?! I will be relying so heavily on you, too, for advice and guidance along the way. I prayed for you all and thanked the Lord for the blessings of your friendships.

So, needless to say, I was a little spoiled my first Mother's Day - Kurt was amazing, giving, sweet, and loving...I'm not sure that any other Mother's Day will be able to compete with the pefection of this one :)



Burrito's goofy daddy



Almost 19 weeks pregnant




Best Mother's Day EVER!

4 comments:

  1. Jill- I heard the good news and just wanted to say 'CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!' You will be such a wonderful mother--this baby is going to be truly blessed! I cannot wait to hear if you are having a boy/girl! If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to ask! I know I had SO many just a short time ago. Take in every flutter, kick, hiccup--this time goes too fast! You look wonderful! Much love--Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. jill-you are tiny. Kurt-you love yourself! thanks for the fab update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures and your blog entries make me the proudest, happiest mom/grandma (abuela) ever!
    Thanks so much! You look so beautiful! Kurt....well, he is my baby! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being an expectant Mommy!!! I am so excited for you. I'm sure you know this, but you have so much fun to look forward to!!! Keep in touch and keep posting belly pics :)

    ReplyDelete