Friday, July 17, 2009

BEACH!

I can't believe I forgot to tell you all about our trip to the beach for Kurt's (25th...yea right) birthday and 4th of July! We had such a great time - great friends, great house, great weather. What more could you ask for?!

We stayed in a little house about 1 mile west of Rosemary Beach - which, in my opinion, are the most beautiful beaches in the world. We were a quick walk down to the beach, too, which was ideal. Because the house was so great, we were able to cook-out two of the nights we were there. Fresh fish on the grill - nothin' better!

Rather than giving you a play-by-play, I'll just share a few of the many pictures we took while there!


The house had a fenced in backyard, so we were able to bring our first child, Rosie :)

We ventured out to Panama City one night for dinner; afterwards, the crew wanted to go to this German beer house. I obliged, as long as they agreed to one beer. (Bars are just no fun when you're pregnant!) The only problem was that there was no air conditioning. So the picture above is me attempting to fan myself with the menu...I was trying to be a trooper so they could have fun!

Oh, and check out the size of the ONE BEER I agreed to. What the heck?! Biggest beer glasses I have EVER seen. We had a great time though. The restaurant had a live band - well, not band - she was a fiddler, and he played the accordion. But, to our heart's delight, they played Rocky Top! And if you've never seen Kurt during the playing of Rocky Top, you are missing out. It's sheer joy and excitement when that song is on!


At the restaurant during sun set


I literally did not move from that green chair the entire trip. I had my feet in the ocean at all times. And these sweet girls made the trip that much better - me, Teri, Mandy and Erin.
My sister, Jackie, works at an Aveda salon in Baytowne Wharf. Some of her clientele are managers and other workers in the area, one of whom is the manager for a restaurant called Cantina Laredo. She arranged for us to have dinner there for Kurt's birthday...and we got our meal for FREE. How awesome is that?! We, of course, had to surprise him with some dessert and singing.
Mandy, me and Jackie - always touchin' my big ole belly!!! :)
And as you know, Kurt blessed our sweet baby boy with a name while we were at the beach. He drew this in the sand and took pictures of it while I was reading - a fun little surprise for me to see! Toliver Knox Thomas - in love with him already!






No comments:

Post a Comment