Friday, January 29, 2010

Heartbreaking

I have a list of questions for God that I want to ask Him one day when I see Him. They range from the silly to the mundane to the serious. The newest addition to the list: why in the world does teething have to be so darn painful? Poor babies can't communicate their pain (except with crying and screaming), and it just seems like all that pain is unnecessary just for these little boogers to pop up in their mouth. I mean, look at this face:



And this one:



Is that not the saddest thing you have ever seen??? It seriously just breaks my heart. The worst thing is that there really isn't much I can do about it! Even picking him up, rocking him, singing to him, kissing him, or letting him gnaw on my fingers doesn't help. He just gets so upset and so inconsolable - it's just awful! The saddest part is that the pain literally scares him and wakes him up in the middle of the night - he goes from sleeping so soundly to screaming! It nearly gives me a heart attack. Poor little guy.

I finally got a smile, though, after literally singing and dancing in front of him for about 30 minutes. He gets a kick out of my ridiculous songs...if you could only hear them!



I love this kid. And I officially HATE teething!

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby boy!! He's still cute as ever even with those sad little faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....poor Knox!!! I am right there with you this week...I HATE teething!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks just like kurt in those pictures! :) congrats on winning kendall's artwork. so jealous! yay for you! maybe that will cheer up knox!

    ReplyDelete